Wednesday 4 May 2011

I Need Your Help!!

As you can probably guess from the title I NEED HELP from all my lovely blogging friends.


For those of you who don't know, im currently looking for a job and i've been applying like crazy to anything I can. About a week ago I applied for a job I was interested in and got through the initial telephone interview. I was pleased but was told that I would have to wait 2 - 3 weeks to see if i'd got through to the next stage of the process.

Anyway today I got a call to invite me to a second interview and im so excited as the company in question is....Estee Lauder!!!!


As well as being excited, im also very nervous as i've only actually been to a few interviews ever. So this is where all of you lovely people come in handy :-)

I would be extremely grateful if you could tell me any useful tips or tricks that you all use in an interview and also what you wear to an interview in regards to make up/hair/nail varnish etc etc. Especially when its a cosmetics company thats doing the interview!!

ANY advice what so ever will be greatly appreciated so let me know what you would do please :-) What Estee Lauder products would you recommend as good sellers?!

x x

Images taken from Google images


4 comments:

konni said...

Is it for an SA/MUA position? I would wholeheartedly recommend that you know your products, and at least a bit about the company as a whole. Also, you'll probably want to look well-turned out and polished. And to be able to talk succinctly about relevant experience you have. I interviewed for Benefit (and got the job) and I think the things they liked were that I already knew a lot about all the products so I could talk about them easily and naturally, and also that I could give them specific examples of occasions when I'd given good customer service.

Loads and loads of luck with the interview, I hope it goes well :D

Mademoiselle Lala said...

What really helps me when I go to the interview is to secure the travel route to be at least 15 minutes before. Then it's less stress-free and you will look mint.
Also, wear something professional but also something you're comfortable in. I don't wear clothes I've just bought, because I know how I feel and look in my favourite suit. Feeling OK in your own body is so important - especially during the interview.
Of course to background searches of the company etc.
Keeping my fingers crosses for you and congratz! X`

Jen said...

@ Konni - Its for a sales assistant/key holder but im really nervous as im not that familiar with their products!!
I've got my outfit sorted, just not sure what to do with my hair and make up yet, thank you for the advice :-)
x x

@ Mademoiselle Lala - Im going to do a trial run one day next week to see how long it takes me to get there :-)
Thank you!!
x x

What She Said said...

There double wear foundation is really good (very high coverage) and they are really pushing that line at the moment! Have answer ready for all the standard questions like "Why do you want to work for our company?" "Where do you see yourself in 5yrs time?" "What would you consider you biggest weakness to be?" Hope this helps!

saidshewhat.blogspot.com

xCx