Monday 3 August 2009

ghd Advice

I've had my current pair of ghd straighteners for almost 10 years now and touch wood, they're still going!!
However, I don't think they heat up as much anymore and it just seems to take a while to do my hair.

They have lasted well and have been everywhere with me including on my hols to Menorca and Ibiza. They have even survived my dad standing on them once when I left them on the stairs, they did crack but still work fine!!



Anyway, on to the reason for this post.

When I went out on Saturday night, we started the night at my managers flat. She was still getting ready, doing her hair and make up. I noticed that she has the ghd wide plate straighteners.
I asked if they were any good and if they were easy to use as I have the normal slimmer plate style. Now my manager has very short hair (as you can see in the previous post) and she swears by them and said that it cuts the time it takes to do your hair in half!!

She let me try them and all I can say is WOW!! I had already straightened and done my hair for the night so really didn't expect to see a difference but I did. They made my hair soo straight in seconds!!
On the website, it says that the wide style is best for long, thick, curly hair but can also be used on normal hair. I think this is why they are so good.


As I want to buy a new pair of ghd's, I wanted to know if you have tried or got the wide ghd's?! Im looking for some advice on if you think they are as amazing as i've been told?!

x x

4 comments:

The Beauty Slice UK Beauty Blog said...

i love using my friends wide plate ones but you can do so much more with the thinner ones, like styling your hair and curling it! x

Cat said...

Hey, like the blog! I followed :-)

I hve never used the wide ones nbut they sound amazing! I have been trying to cut down on using my GHD's though as they were ruining my hair!

xx

Jen said...

@Cat - I already follow your blog, its fab!! x x

Carlito86 said...

I used to go out with a lad who had those really thin ones and I used to find them good to curl with! My hairdresser uses the wide plates and I use the ordinary ones.

xx