Thursday 25 June 2009

First OOTD, another FOTD and a big rant!!

I thought today that i'd attempt my first OOTD.

I had the day off work today and was really looking forward to spending all day in the sun but the sun just didn't want to come out and play today in sunny Scotland so this is what i wore.
I can't figure out how to use the timer on my camera yet and there was no-one around to help, hence the photo of myself taking my own photo!! (Please excuse my Take That calendar in the background!!)


I wore my Topshop jeans (the same one's I wore to the concert), a white tunic top from Topshop, coral cardigan from Primark and heels from New Look.
I was looking through all of my shoes the other day and I seem to have loads of them from New Look. They can be really good quality shoes, comfy and a good price!!
On to my FOTD, I was just going down to my local nail salon today so just kept my make up really simple.


I had on what I have on everyday for work with just a different blusher and lipstick.

On my face, I had on my Revlon Colourstay foundation, benefit boi-ing concealer and a new blusher I got from the sale at work. Its a roseflower blush in shade 02 Fushia. Its quite a bright pink so I only apply a small amount but I finds it lasts all day. Plus its reduced from £14.00 to £7.00 at the mo and thats always a bonus!!

On my eyes I had my Sleek Storm palette colours again (im using that all the time now), The Body Shop liquid liner in brown and my Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara. I find thats the one that im reaching for on a daily basis now.

Finally on my lips I have my new lipstick which is also in the sale at work. Its again from the roseflower collection and it also looks really, really bright in the packaging. It is shade 03. I would never, ever normally buy this sort of colour but as its from work, I ended up trying it on and loved it!! The colour lasts for ages and its got a kind of gloss to it thats not sticky but doesn't give you that dull look either.
Here are my two new products together:


Look how bright that lipstick looks there, compared to when its on my lips!!

Now for my rant of the day.

About a month ago I had acrylic nail extensions on as I was going back home to see friends and family and knew I wouldn't have time to keep doing my nails myself. I know they ruin your real nails but i've had them on the past and really wanted them done again.
As im now living in Glasgow and used to get them done at home in Birmingham, I had to find a new place. I decided on Nail Zone as its quite a popular company around here and thought that would be the best place. How wrong was I?!
The original ones were lovely and were on offer from £45 to £25. When I went back about 2 or 3 weeks later to get them infilled, the technician seemed really happy with herself that they were all still on. (This is the least I would hope for, for the money)
Anyway I had them infilled and really wasn't happy with them. You could still see where my last lot had grown out to and they just looked like i'd done them myself.
So i'd booked myself in for today to get them removed. I was booked in for 11.00am and was told it would take about 45 mins. It was 12.35pm when I eventually got out!!
My poor nails are in a right state. I know they are normally weak anyway but they are SO sore and keep bending!!

It took the girl ages (I think she was new) and the skin on my fingers kept bleeding from all the filing and buffing. She eventually remembered that she should be soaking them off so then I had her scraping away at my nails with a metal cuticle stick thing.
Needless to say I was in agony when I came out, my thumb nail is actually filed right down in one patch and is still throbbing.
I was booked in for a manicure too but as soon as my nails were off, I was out of there!! My nails are so uneven, I was straight down to Sallys to get what Hele recommended:


I hope this works. Im also planning on getting the Sally Henson Nailgrowth Miracle tomorrow to try and fix the problem myself.

I really don't want to go back to the salon so i need your help....

Does anyone know of anything I can do to get the bits of remaining acrylic off my nails?! Im not sure if acetone is best or just buffing it off?!

I apologise for my BIG rant but I had to get it off my chest as Im furious!!

x x

8 comments:

Jessie Burkhardt said...

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Acrylic nails should not be damaging if they are applied and removed properly. Hopefully you can find a reputable salon. Acrylic nails are best removed by soaking-off in 100% Acetone.

Jessie Burkhardt
Sales/Marketing Coordinator for NSI
www.nsinails.com

Jen said...

Thanks for your help, i've soaked my own off before and really wish I had this time, they were buffing them off with a really harsh buffer!!

Anonymous said...

that lipstick looks lovely <3

Carlito86 said...

Thats a bit rubbish isn't it, have you thought about complaining to the salon?

I have that blusher and I honestly can't tell you how much I love it!

SianinSouthsea said...

That sounds horrible! I actually removed mine myself, by soaking them in acetone, then I kept lightly buffing them until it was all gone.
I'd def go back and complain first though, show them what happened to your nails and get your money back for the removal.
xx

Tina A. said...

That's a cute outfit dear! Love how you accessorized it with that necklace! :)

xxx

Jen said...

@MissDollyGal, I went to complain and got the manager but they wouldn't give me money back, just offered to put a layer of gel over them which I refused as too sore!!

Jen said...

@tina_mbc, thank you!! My necklace was from Miss Selfridge last year, I recently found it at the back of a drawer!! x x