Monday 5 October 2009

A Different Kind of Post

Nothing really beauty related today, but thought i'd share the results of my day in the kitchen.

It was my day off from work today and I was at a loose end. The Boyfriend and everybody else was at work and the weather wasn't that good, so i've spent the day baking cakes. Im not too good at making meals and things from scratch, but I like making cakes!!

The Boyfriend is addicted to a fruit loaf that I make, so I made him one of those first:


Its so easy to make but I really don't like it that much so I decided to make me a simple sponge cake. (I just put a layer of jam in the middle as I can't eat a lot of cream.)


It didn't rise as much as its supposed to but its still tastes pretty yummy!! Think i'll be taking some of it into work with me tomorrow so that I don't end up eating the whole thing to myself!!


Im eating this slice right now as im typing this!!

After all the cake making (and eating) :-) I decided to take my dog, Max to the park for a run but it turned out to be more of a slow walk instead!!

Hope everyone else has had a good Monday!!

x x

10 comments:

♥ Sadie ♥ said...

Hmmm both look yummy!! x

Marietta said...

Mmm they look delish!!Especially the second one, I can't resist jam!

Claire said...

The sponge cake looks delish. I'm a sucker for a good old Victoria sponge. Yummo!

Anonymous said...

OMG , now I want cake with the cuppa im making
xoxox

Unknown said...

Mmm looks delish, my tip is to always add 1/2 tsp more raising agent than the recipe suggests to really get a big light well risen cake, its only failed once when the cake rose so much it got stuck to the metal bars of the oven shelf above haha!

xLovelyMakeupx said...

those look so yummy

LipGlossGossip said...

Those look yummy! :-)

Phibster said...

I tagge you :)

http://peluxe100.blogspot.com/2009/10/7-things.html

Unknown said...

they look soo nice!!

Did you get my email?

xoxo

Unknown said...

I just re checked & yes i do have it!! :D thank you

xoxo